Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchenaid Refrigerator problems

My SxS kitchenaid refrig won't dispense ice or water. It will make ice though. I've received repair quote of $800.

by now you will have read many of Dan O.'s postings. We need the model number of any appliance before we can troubleshoot your particular problem.

Comment

model number

My SxS refrige makes ice but won' dispense ice or water. Model number is KSCS25FKSS00

Comment

Service company

Originally posted by repairgirl

Kitchenaid SxS refrig [model KSCS25FKSS00] won't dispense ice or water. I've received repair quote of $800.
        What exactly did they say was wrong with it and which exact part(s) needed to be replaced?

Was the only complaint they looked at the dispenser not working??

Was the technician you had out a Whirlpool/Kitchenaid factory authorized service depot?

There are a lot of parts that can be replaced for $800! The most expensive on your model relating to the dispenser that I can see is only $175 for the fridge's main control.

If the company was NOT a factory authorized service depot I might suspect they just didn't want to take the time (or didn't have the training) to investigate the actual cause and either intend to replace every possible part that could be the problem or hope you just won't call back so they can wash their hands of the matter.

If there are other problems with the appliance in addition to the dispenser operation, that might account for such a high legitimate repair estimate.

JMO

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =