Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? no power GE portable dishwasher

started dishwasher , went to bed, next morning water still in bottom of dishwasher, dishes dirty, tried to restart to drain water thinking it had been interrupted during night....no sounds at all, doesn't appear to have power

GE Nautilus portable dishwasher model GSC3200G00BB approx. 5 years old

Thanks for any assistance....

wife trying to fix before husband returns home

portable dishwasher - check to see the outlet you are plugging into has power. if noe check the gfci or breaker at the service panelbox for tripping - reset the gfci or breaker and try again. if it pops the breaker again, you got internal wiring problems or a faulty motor.

Comment

Moved dishwasher to different outlet....both original and this outlet work fine, nothing tripped. (sorry, forgot to mention that in previous post)

thanks for reply though !

Comment

then you are going to have to do some hands on troubleshooting. you'll need to remove some panels to gain access to the electrical stuff. do you have a meter for testing electrical? if you don't, don't even try troubleshooting the appliance. bumping here or hammering there isn't going to solve a problem.

Comment

guess I'll wait on the hubby to get home this evening to see if we have the meter ....thanks for your help, we'll be back once we have meter in hand.

Comment

no sounds at all, doesn't appear to have power. Moved dishwasher to different outlet... both original and this outlet work
            A problem with the door latch switch (see the following link) or the door latch itself might stop all operation of the dishwasher.

LINK > GE GSC3200G00BB Door Latch Interlock Switch

LINK > GE GSC3200G00BB Door Latch Asm.

Otherwise as HayZee518 said, the power circuit of the dishwasher would have to be traced to try to find where the stoppage is taking place. I don't believe there are any fuses, etc. in your model which would be suspect but check the machine's wiring diagram.

Dan O.
            www.Appliance411.com
            The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

well, your links wouldn't load here in the land of corn fields and dial up....but I found a similar problem posted here.....applianceguru.com/forum1/17317.html ...... and between hubby and I we got it going again (contacts were not making connection when door locked - probably something to do with 2 toddlers thinking the lock is their personal entertainment center)
              I want to thank you both for your suggestions, and somehow I feel it safe to promise that
              We'll be back.

Shari
              Ohio

Comment

Glad to hear you figured it out. Thanks for the follow up.

Dan O.
                www.Appliance411.com
                The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                X
                =