Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jenn-air oven preheating issues

My Jenn-air oven (JGS8850ADB) takes a long time to heat up (it was not always like this). I will hear the gas cycling on and off as well as hearing a 'ppuff' noise as well. This goes on for 20 minutes before it reaches the operating temperature. There are no error codes. Could it be an igniter issue, or tempature sensor?

Originally posted by mcii

Jenn-air [gas range model] JGS8850ADB, oven takes a long time to heat up. I will hear the gas cycling on and off
    The oven bake burner should remain on until the set temperature is reached, only then cycling on and off with the ignitor to maintain temperature. The broil burner may also be on during the initial preheat duration only of a bake setting.

If the bake burner is going out before the set temperature is reached, someone will need to determine why. A start will be observing what the bake burner's glow ignitor is doing at that time as explained at the following link:

LINK > Understanding Gas Oven Ignition Systems

Could it be an igniter issue, or temperature sensor?
    The ignitor is a possibility as explained at the previous link. The sensor is unlikely to be the problem unless the temperature display is reading incorrectly or an error fault code is displaying on the control.

LINK > Jenn-Air JGS8850ADB Oven Ignitor

JFYI

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

I installed a new ignitor - the oven now heats up fast (like it was new). No more cycling on or off either. Problem sovled! Thanks

Comment

Fixed!

Originally posted by mcii
        I installed a new ignitor. Problem sovled!
        Glad to hear it. Thanks for the follow up.

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =