Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condesner fan n/w

Whirlpool side by side model no.GD25DIXHT00

Thanks for the help with my compressor problem. I replaced the relay & the compressor is running fine.

But I have a new problem. The fan that is next to the compressor is not running. What I have done to get me by is I set up a small fan to blow on the compressor to keep it cool.

How can I tell if it is the fan or something else thats not working. If it is the fan what is your part no.

Thanks
    Dennis
    Last edited by Dan O.; 01-01-2009, 04:48 PM. Reason: made more descriptive message title

Getting power?

Originally posted by Dennis Meyer

The fan that is next to the compressor is not running. How can I tell if it is the fan or something else thats not working.
    Basically, if the motor is being power it should be running.

LINK > Whirlpool GD25DIXHT00 Condenser Fan Motor

Someone will need to check to see if it is being powered (usually 120 volts). Power but NOT running = defective motor.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

If it is the fan what is your part no.
      Only testing can determine if its the fan motor or not. You can see its replacement along with its part number, etc., at the link I previous supplied.

JFYI

Dan O.
      www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Conflicting information

I am getting conflicting information about the condenser fan motor used on your model. Two web sites show the motor I linked to originally is the one for your model. Two web sites (including the Repair Clinic) show the motor at the following link should be the one it takes.

From one site the original condenser fan motor for your model was part # 2176336 which is currently substituted by # 4387244 which is RepairClinic's item # 2056, not the one I linked to previously.

LINK > Whirlpool 4387244 Condenser Fan Motor

I might go with the one that looks closest in appearance (they're drastically different) or check for a part number on the original part to see if it can be traced to its current replacement.

Repair clinic shows Condenser fan item no. 2790. Is that a generic that will fit my refrigerator?
        I do not know if the motor you are referring to (# 2790) would work in place of either as I do not know the specifications of the others nor about the original's mounting requirements. If the specifications are the same as the original, mounting adequate and the rotation direction the same, it could probably work but some advice on using generic parts can be read at the following link:

LINK > OEM vs. Generic Brand Parts

JMO

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~
        Last edited by Dan O.; 01-05-2009, 02:11 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

fan motor

Thanks for all the help Dan. I called repair clinic the lady recommended the 2790. I have it installed seems to be working fine.

Dennis

Comment

I called repair clinic the lady recommended the 2790.
            That's surprising as it is not called for for that model at all.

I have it installed seems to be working fine.
            Did you compare its specs before installation?

In any case glad to hear your fridge seems to be working. Thanks for the follow up.

Dan O.
            www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

I never could find any specs on the whirlpool. The way I found 2790 was when I was on the page showing the W10124096, I went to find parts put in my model no.& it brought it up.

Comment

I never could find any specs on the whirlpool.
                The motor's specs should be printed right on the motor.

I found 2790 when I put in my model no. & it brought it up.
                Than it should be appropriate. I just don't know how they arrived at it being used on your model.

Dan O.
                www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                X
                =