Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ge frig warm

i have a ge refrig model #gbs22kbpabb. i'm having trouble with it defrosting. i have tested the heater element and have 31 ohms on it. i have teste the defrost thermsitor and is open wheather it is frozen or at room temp. i think the timer is on the motherboard and can not be forced to cycle. not sure where to go from here. can you help?

Originally posted by dpfirsdon

i have tested the defrost thermsitor and is open whether it is frozen or at room temp.
    It shouldn't be. It should read in the area of between 1K and 185K ohms depending on the temperature it is at. The colder the higher resistance.

LINK > GE GBS22KBPABB Thermistor

BTW. If the original thermistor has a rounded bullet-shaped tip, it should be replaced regardless. That original type was found to have a high failure rate and a new design with a blunt (flat) tip introduced to eliminate the original's high failure rate.

If the bullet shaped tip ones are found on your model all should be replaced at the same time to avoid other failures. There will usually be 3 in the appliance (all the same).

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
    Last edited by Dan O.; 01-17-2009, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =