• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirlpool Fridge Freezer 17 years old

can anyone help with some info please.
    Whirlpool Fridge freezer Model 3XARG485WP00
    Serial Number SC3821498
    Code 9534-485-01000
    Can anyone tell me the characteristics of the Defrost element for this machine?
    It is a 240 volt model
    Thanks

Can anyone tell me the characteristics of the Defrost element for [Whirlpool Fridge freezer Model 3XARG485WP00]?
    All I can tell you is that it is part # 2162214 and could be between 450 and 670 watts at 220V. Whirlpool them self might be able to tell you more.

I hope it helps with whatever you're trying to do.

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Dan O Thank you very much for your help. It is appreciated. I am making slow progress but we will get there eventually!
      Best
      CGCWA

Comment

Why?

Originally posted by cgcwa

I am making slow progress but we will get there eventually!
        What is the reason you're looking for this information? Maybe we can help without you searching high and low?

JMO

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Defrost element

The reason is that the defrost element has gone but all else works perfectly. I am currently running the machine on a time clock and switching on and off several times during the 24 hour period. This keeps it from freezing up and ceasing to work but is not the best way of doing things!!! Thus any help in finding an element would be greatly appreciated as the old thing is perfect except for this one problem.
          CGCWA

Comment

Order one by part #

any help in finding an element would be greatly appreciated
            The company at the following link should be able to get a replacement for you. They ship just about anywhere in the world. They don't currently have stock of it (being for a 220 volt model) but it usually doesn't take long to get in specially ordered parts.

LINK > Whirlpool 2162214 220V Defrost Heater

JFYI

Dan O.
            www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Dan O

Thanks for all your help. I have managed to get an element made up which I am fitting this weekend all being well. Your suggestions etc are much appreciated

One final question. There is a timer inside the fridge door in the top that controls the defrost element (I think anyway) Do you have any idea how long the cycle is and if there is any way of testing that it is working correctly. I can turn it manually and it clicks on and off but what about automatically!

Grateful for any suggestions
              CGCWA

Comment

Do you have any idea how long the [defrost timer] cycle is
                I'm afraid I do not have access to that information for the timer used on your model. Some common timing cycles are 6, 8 or 12 hours with a defrost period of 20-30 minutes.

is any way of testing that it is working correctly
                If connected directly to power the timer's motor should be able to be watched for movement. Its contacts should be able to be tested for continuity to see if they're switching or not as manually advanced through the cycle. Check the wiring diagram for which contacts open and close together that would need testing.

Good luck.

Dan O.

Comment

Working...
                X
                =