Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frigidaire dishwasher won't always drain

My dishwasher will periodically not drain ,and leave lots of water in the tub. It is only 5 years old and not used too much. This is the third time it has happened.The first time we left it for a week and away it went .The second time I took it out of it's place , disconnected most wires to clean and check them ,had the drain pump checked ,worked fine ,checked the drain lines , clear ,put it back together and worked for 6 months.Here we are again. When it goes into drain cycle, I can reach in and feel the drain motor energized, but no water is being sucked out. I have taken the inside apart this time , down to the impeller. There is a little plastic ball that rides obviously back and forth on a ramp,and I'm assuming this directs water to the drain line where the pump sucks it out.What can I check to fix the problem. Is there any way it could be getting air locked and not working sometime.????

I just cleaned the drain pump and it works again , for how long who knows, it wasn't very dirty. Any ideas on why it acts up sometimes??????

Comment

Not sure what model you have, but the check vavle maybe getting stuck every once in awhile.

John@FreeApplianceRepair.com
      www.FreeApplianceRepair.com

Comment

Thanks John for responding. The only type of a check valve that I can see would be a rubber flap which lets the water in from one direction,(diswasher tub) but the water would shut it ,going the other direction,(back flow from drain hose) on the drain pump. Is this what your talking about? I cleaned it and there was some food in and around that area.It hasn't acted up yet. Hopefully that was all it was!!!Again thanks for your input!!

Comment

Hi Kevcules,
          Yep, that's what I was talking about.
          It does not take much for them to get stuck shut sometimes.
          Sounds like you got it repaired.

www.FreeApplianceRepair.com

Comment

Working...
          X
          =