Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KitchenAid Oven problem

I have a KitchenAid Electric Convection Oven, Model # KEBC107KSS03.
    The oven has been problem free until I put it in clean mode. After it did it's job of cleaning like its supposed to do, the oven will not heat. I think the oven has 3 different heating elements. I can clearly see the broiler one and that is not coming on.
    I get no heat with any of the settings, i.e, baking-0 convection-0
    Anyone have a solution for me?
    Thanks

you may need to examine the locking circuit of the oven for a switch that keeps the door locked when its in clean mode. if the switch stays closed then the oven will not light after the clean timer is satisfied.

Comment

Any chance you can tell me how to check it?
      Thanks

Comment

go to the site REPAIRCLINIC dot com and see if you can find an exploded diagram of your stove. this will give you an idea of what to check and look for.

Comment

Proper power??

the oven will not heat
          If just the elements are not functioning (and all of them failed at the same time), make sure proper power is still getting to the appliance. The elements operate on 240 volts while all the rest of its components only need 120 volts. If one leg of its power supply has dropped out, just all the elements could be affected.

After it did it's job of cleaning the oven will not heat.
          If proper power is definitely getting to the appliance, checking the unit's thermal fuse (see the following link) would usually be next on the list of things to check.

LINK > KitchenAid KEBC107KSS03 Thermal Cutout

If that too isn't the cause, checking other components of the appliance (the electronic control, wiring, etc.) would be necessary to try to isolate the problem.

JMO

Dan O.
          www.Appliance411.com
          The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

I can't find the thermal cut-out in the exploded view, can you tell me where I can find it in the oven?

Comment

more than likely it is fastened somewhere in direct contact with the oven wall maybe from the back panel enclosure.

Comment

Originally posted by janzy21
                can you tell me where I can find [the thermal cut-out] in the oven?
                It could be on top, inside the control console area or on the back of the oven. It's item # 37 in the 'Oven parts' diagram at the following link.

Link > KitchenAid KEBC107KSS03 Exploded Parts Views

BTW. You can not go by such illustrations as exact representations of component locations. They are not 'blueprints'.

JFYI

Dan O.
                www.Appliance411.com
                The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                X
                =