Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenmore Washer wont spin

Model # 11092578210

The washer goes through the cycles but won't spin. The washer makes a sound like it wants to spin, but drum doesn't spin?? And the cycle does progress to the end without finishing the job.
    Last edited by Dan O.; 05-25-2009, 11:52 AM. Reason: Removed inaccurate statement "stops at spin cycle"

Draining Ok?

I assume the washer IS draining the water from the tub but just not spinning the inner tub at all?

That washer model uses Whirlpool's 'neutral drain' transmission. In order for it to 'shift into gear' and start spinning, the timer must pause briefly (see the following link) after the drain.

LINK > Direct Drive Washer Timer Pause

If that pause is NOT occurring, the timer may be defective and need to be replaced. If the pause IS occurring but the transmission is still not shifting into gear, the transmission is defective internally.

LINK > Kenmore 110.92578210 Washer Timer

LINK > Neutral Drain Transmission

If the problem is determined to be internal to the transmission, there is a fairly inexpensive repair kit available (see the following link) to correct that function of it rather than replacing the whole transmission. Repairing the transmission however requires additional work as the gearbox itself would have to be disassembled to replace the components supplied in the kit. That kit does however come with installation instructions describing how to install the components.

LINK > Transmission Neutral Drain Repair Kit

JFYI

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Thank you

Thank you for taking the time to reply with advice. The washer does drain and pause before shifting into the spin cycle. I will try what you have advised. I hope the kit is what I need.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbunchabutt View Post
        Thank you for taking the time to reply with advice. The washer does drain and pause before shifting into the spin cycle. I will try what you have advised. I hope the kit is what I need.
        Update to last message. The washer does drain, pauses but now is not agitating either. The cycles go through the motions but no movement for agitation or spinning is occurring.

Comment

NO Spin OR Agitate

Originally posted by bobbunchabutt

no movement for agitation or spinning is occurring.
          Just not spinning OR agitating (but still pumping) is most often caused by a broken motor coupler (see the following link).

LINK > Direct Drive Washer Motor Coupler Replacement

LINK > Kenmore 110.92578210 Motor Coupler

JFYI

Dan O.
          www.Appliance411.com
          The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X
          =