Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenmore fridge not cooling

Kenmore 106.70104000 8/00 manfacture date. Fridge 52 degrees but freezer maintains 10 after several days. I THINK the compressor is running but it does feel HOT. i removed cover in freezer and see no frost or ice on evap but the fan is NOT running. in back bottom of fridge, removed cover and seems clean and that fan IS running. unplugged for about an hour and plugged back in. freezer seems to be getting cold again but not fridge. evap fan still NOT running. Im guessing the compressor is just shot(quite hot ) but then why does the freezer get cold at all?? any help appreciated thanks

Duplicate posting

As I replied to your other forum posting:

: Kenmore 106.70104000 top freezer

: 52 degrees in fridge but 10 degrees maintained
    : in freezer after several days.

: I see no frost on Evap coil in freezer
    None at all or just no excessive build up?

: evap fan NOT running in freezer
    That will likely be why the fridge compartment isn't cooling.

: after leaving unplugged about an hour and plugging
    : back in, the freezer is getting cold again
    Again?? You said the freezer was cooling previously.

: i THINK the compressor is running
    The freezer wouldn't be cooling if the compressor wasn't running. That's what is responsible for all the cooling in whole the appliance.

: the evap fan still does not run.
    Than maybe it is defective. Has anyone confirmed whether power was getting to it? Power to the motor but it not running = bad fan motor.

LINK > Kenmore 106.70104000 Evaporator Fan Motor

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks DanO for your reply. How do i check to see if the fan is getting power? I have a multi meter and would love to use it!

Comment

i did go and look again and see i do have some frost build up now but the fan still does not run. I wish i could get the entire cover off the back of the freezer but am not sure how to get it off with the icemaker in the way. Right now i am actually just bending the right corner of the cover back to look at the evap coil. any advice as to how to get it off and how i can check to see if the fan is getting power. thanks. Greg

Comment

How do i check to see if the fan is getting power?
          Either a volt meter or even a simple test light would do it.

not sure how to get it off with the icemaker in the way.
          Usually by removing the icemaker first.

JMO

Dan O.
          www.Appliance411.com
          The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

well oddly enough, when i removed the icemaker and was getting ready to test the fan, it began running. then i turned the fridge off and turned it back on and the fan was still operating. i put everything back together and haven't had any problems now for several days. freezer is frozen and fridge is cold. I sure do appreciate your help none the less!! thanks again. Greg

Comment

Working...
            X
            =