Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Profile Arctica Refrigerator not dispensing water/ice

I am having this problem. Here is some additional information:

• I am sure water is getting to the point of the filter. I emptied the filter and when I put it back on could hear the rush of water.
    • When I depress the lever for water I can hear up by the water filter what sounds like a motor. This continues for about 1-2 seconds after I release the lever.
    • pressing the lever for water or ice results in a lot of "clicking" noises. Noises as if motor or electrical components are "trying" to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

there is a water solenoid that opens when you want water. there is another solenoid that operates off a timer so as to fill the ice cuber in the ice maker. the slide switch on the door allows you to select water or ice. the paddle you press the glass against is the actual switch

Comment

Clicking every 3 seconds

The refrigerator actually does not have a switch to change between water/ice. It is a model where it has press buttons for various modes:
      water
      ice
      light
      quick ice
      lock
      etc.

Here is a new development. Now there is a electronic clicking noise in the rear back by the filter. It clicks every three seconds, when it does the indicator light on the front dims. In between the click there is a humming sound; could be a motor of sorts.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =