Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DW Door Leak

Hello All,

I've got a Kenmore Model #66516492300 Dishwasher. It just started leaking around the lower right corner of the door. Upon inspection of the door seal, there are small slits in the seal at the bottom where they make the bend to the floor of the tub. Are these supposed to be there? I have checked the pump screws, and they are tight. Also had the front of the door off to check to see if the insulation was wet all the way up to the soap holder thingy.....only wet at the bottom right corner. I am assuming the insulation soaked it up a bit from the leak where ever it is. My natural instinct tells me its the door seal. Bottom spray arm is all stainless, so I am also assuming that it is not split to cause a direct spray on the door seal area. My natural instinct tells me its the door seal. Please help, it's the third appliance I've had to work on in a week at my house, and it's getting to be monotonous. Thanks!!!

Inspect the cuts. Door seal

Comment

Thanks. Inspection reveals that the "slits" are not symetrical when compared. Got a door seal on order. I am pretty sure that is it, but i want to make sure.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =