Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Range oven stays on

I have a range with an oven that stays running no matter what position the oven switch is in. While it's in the off position or the bake position the range oven will continue to operate. It recently costed me a very expensive light bill. [:0] The rest of the range seems to operate ok.

What is more.....when I first moved into this house the oven wouldn't work when the switch was placed in the "bake" position....seems the wire going to the coil had burned into. [:0]

I'd like to know what I should check for to see why the oven won't turn off. For now we have to flip the breaker to use our range to ensure it's not running 24-7. Thanx.

Dawg,

It sounds like one of the electronic relays is stuck on. If you search on the net using the make and model # you may find a schematic for the wiring and be able to trace the switch positions and relays. Otherwise you are best to find someone who knows that brand and get to repaired.

Good luck, Jim

'Just a handyman trying to help'
    'Just a handyman trying to help'

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dawg

I have a range with an oven that stays running no matter what position the oven switch is in. While it's in the off position or the bake position the range oven will continue to operate. It recently costed me a very expensive light bill. [:0] The rest of the range seems to operate ok.

What is more.....when I first moved into this house the oven wouldn't work when the switch was placed in the "bake" position....seems the wire going to the coil had burned into. [:0]

I'd like to know what I should check for to see why the oven won't turn off. For now we have to flip the breaker to use our range to ensure it's not running 24-7. Thanx.

Comment

Where might the relays be located? Thanx.

Comment

Could you post the make and model number?

John@FreeApplianceRepair.com
          John@FreeApplianceRepair.com
          www.FreeApplianceRepair.com

Comment

Working...
          X
          =