Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirlpool ED5GVEXVD Refrigerator Compressor

Hi all...newbie here. Just found this site. A great resource! Looking for a little help on this topic just to make sure it's not all in my head!

Recently I purchased a Whirlpool ED5GVEXVD Refrigerator from Lowe's. Everything about it is great except that the compressor runs at least 10x an hour and when it shuts down it makes a loud almost popping sound. I guess I have two questions.

-is it normal for the compressor to run at least 10x an hour?
    -is that popping sound normal?

I haven't bought a refrigerator in years and not sure if this is just the way things are made now or what. Working out of my house and next to the kitchen it's very annoying! Should I seek repair (still under 90 day return policy as well)? I must say I'm a bit noise sensitive but this just doesn't seem right.

Finally, due to my noise sensitivity can anyone recommend a "quiet" refrigerator if there is such a thing. I realize it's all subjective.

THANK YOU for any input!!

Mark

is it normal for the compressor to run at least 10x an hour?
    That would not be the 'norm', no.

when it shuts down it makes a loud almost popping sound.
    The sound is likely from whatever is responsible for shutting down the compressor. That would usually be done by the thermostat inside the refrigerator but could also be due to the compressor's overload protector tripping... for whatever reason.

LINK > My new refrigerator is making strange sounds. What is wrong with it?

is that popping sound normal?
    If coming from the compressor overload, no, it would not be "normal".

When the compressor shuts down, do the fans stop as well or keep running?

can anyone recommend a "quiet" refrigerator
    I don't know of any that are particularly quiet. Even two of the exact some model might sound slightly different from one another once installed. If the fridge is found to be acting normally, maybe making some alterations to its enclosure might help?

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

THANK YOU for the reply Dan O. Glad I'm not losing it! OK, looks like I'm going to have to return this one or after someone out. Ugh. I might be back with more questions. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X
      =