Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Profile icemaker n/w

I have a GE Profile refrigerator model # PFS22SISBSS and the icemaker will not work. There is not a light on the icemaker. It is located in the bottom freezer section. I do not hear any noise? Does anyone know what might be the problem? Icemaker ?? Control Board??
    Last edited by Dan O.; 06-25-2010, 08:23 PM. Reason: made title more descriptive

Filling?

If the icemaker fails to fill it won't produce any ice. To see if just that might be the cause someone could check the 'fill tube' that goes through the rear of the cabinet to the icemaker hasn't frozen closed. That is a common cause of filling problems which if present usually signifies a problem elsewhere which would need looking into.

Alternately, manually filling the icemaker cube mold with water and seeing if the icemaker will harvest (dump) the cubes would at least show if the icemaker is capable of working to rule it out.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Manual Fill

Have tried to manually fill with no luck. I did not see a light on on the icemaker itself. I was told there is supposed to be some sort of light???

Comment

Clarification needed

Have tried to manually fill with no luck.
        What do you mean by "no luck"? You couldn't fill it or the icemaker wouldn't harvest the cubes once frozen?

I did not see a light on on the icemaker itself.
        The picture below is from the owner's manual. The design of the actual icemaker in your particular model might be slightly different.

JMO

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

icemaker wouldn't harvest the cubes

icemaker wouldn't harvest the cubes

Comment

Did you find the power indicator on your icemaker?

Dan O.
            www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

I found the location of the power light. It is not on. I checked the connection and it seems ok.Is there anything else I can check. I had some lightening damage to my dishwasher that got the control board. Does this have anything like a control board??

Comment

Check power circuit

the power light is not on. I checked the connection and it seems ok. Is there anything else I can check.
                Someone might need to check the appliance's wiring diagram to see what other component(s) are in the icemaker's power circuit and then check it/them or try to determine which wires in the harness are for the icemaker's power supply and confirm if power is getting there. Power at the harness but the icemaker n/w likely indicates the icemaker itself is defective internally.

LINK > GE PFS22SISBSS Icemaker Asm.

JMO

Dan O.
                www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                X
                =