Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rewiring an old Thermador range top

B"H

I have a Thermador range top from the mid 1960's. A couple of the elements went out, I replaced them with some generic ones, but I would really like to replace everything - new elements, new controls, because currently one of the elements seems to be shorting everything out, and I think it may be a mismatch between the element and the old control, etc. I am pretty good with appliances but need a little guidance. It is a 240v range. It has 4 elements plus a middle grill sort of element. Where can I get a good schematic to show me how to rewire it from scratch? Also, it has one neon "on" indicator that tells you if any of the burners are on, so I would like to have that function also.

Thanks.

currently one of the elements seems to be shorting everything out, and I think it may be a mismatch between the element and the old control, etc.
    No mismatch between the element and the control will cause any kind of short. Check the wiring and the element itself for a short to ground (see the following link).

LINK > How do I test an electric stove element?

I would really like to replace everything - new elements, new controls
    That could quite possibly cost several hundred dollars... if the proper replacement parts are even still available for whichever model of mid 1960's Thermador cooktop you have.

If the parts are common, replacements might be easily enough found (although I doubt they'll solve your problem). The switches might be the most difficult to find replacements for unless a universal 'infinite heat' element switch could be used in place of the original.

LINK > Generic and Universal Parts

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X
    =