Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenmore Gas Dryer 80 - fail to ignite gas

Kenmore Gas Dryer 80 (model 110 72832100) no heat -
    When starting the dryer I see flame for a few minutes and then it shuts down. Afterward, the iginitor glores every minute or so, but fail to ignite the gas. I replaced the valve coils (pair) purchased from Sears Parts store and it did not fix the no heat problem.

thanks for help with what to check and how.

Afterward, the iginitor glores every minute or so
    The ignitor glows and then dims, glows and dims, again and again?

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Kenmore Gas Dryer 80 - fail to ignite gas

That was correct, aftre first 3-5 min flame, it fails to ignite after each glow (5-8 sec) every minute or so.

So actually I changed the valve coils and the flame sensor, and now I don't getthe glow at all. We used the dryer the way it was a few times after replacing the valve coils. Not sure when the ignitor stopped glowing, but I realized, after putting a new flame sensor, I don't see the igniror glowing.

I am about to check the thermal sensor in the back. Or would it more like a problem with the ignitor?
      what is the best way to isolate the problem now?
      thanks for help and advise.

Comment

I am about to check the thermal sensor in the back. Or would it more like a problem with the ignitor?
        Neither is more common than the other, except if you happened to have damaged the ignitor in the service process. They are very brittle.

what is the best way to isolate the problem now?
        Test suspect components for continuity.

JMO

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =