Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amana washing machine draining slowly after wash

Hello all,

I am new to these forums and I thought I may just ask a small question regarding my washing machine that may have an issue. I have a 10 yr old Amana washer ( not sure of exact model ).

My wife just noticed that the water was draining unusually slow after a wash but eventually drained almost to bottom.

Is there a potential problem with it now, and can I possibly fix it maybe something clogged ?

Much appreciated
    John

Investigation needed

maybe something clogged ?
    Maybe... or a kinked hose or maybe a problem with the pump.

can I possibly fix it
    Someone will have to investigate it to try to find the cause.

not sure of exact model
    Too bad because that is the only way for us to find out what washer design you're dealing with and what components it has that might cause problems.

Forum Posting Notice > Please include Make and Model # in post

JFYI

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Hi sorry about the delay and the missing info....

The model is Amana LWA50AW and the problem really is that it starts in any mode and then when reaching the rinse cycle it just stops and doesn't do anything anymore? I can restart again and all works until it reaches the rinse cycle which seems to be the problem.

Some people have pointed to the timer being at fault,
      Can this be the case ?

Thanks

Comment

when reaching the rinse cycle it just stops and doesn't do anything anymore?
        Is that a question or a statement?? It is also a different complaint than you had originally posted.

If the complaint really is that the machine is just stopping right where the spin and drain functions should take place, someone will likely need to ensure the lid switch is being activated. On most washer models the machine will not go into spin (where draining also takes place) unless the lid switch's contacts are closing, as a safety precaution.

BTW. I don't know if it will help but you can see exploded parts views of your washer model at the following link:

LINK > Amana LWA50AW Exploded Parts Views

JMO

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

I apologize for the confusion , I was just questioning myself on whether that was normal.

Well after a wash few attempts this stoppage seems to be the result of the rinse cycle not starting and not the original issue (simple draining of water ).

All is fine and the washer does indeed start and fills with water and cycles through the wash etc...with lid closed. THEN it just hangs on the rinse cycle and I hear a small clicking sound in the back seemingly from the timer.

I am chancing it I guess by from what I hear from a friend of mine that the timer is the issue and has just gone bad. I ordered the part and will receive soon at 89$. It is a DIY fix...

Many thanks for your help and I will keep you posted of the outcome..
          John

Comment

All is fine and the washer does indeed start and fills with water and cycles through the wash etc...with lid closed. THEN it just hangs on the rinse cycle
            Until very recently the lid switch of a washing machine only affected spin (where draining also takes place). Just because the machine might fill and agitate would not usually reflect directly on the operational condition of the lid switch. Only on the very newest washers (which yours isn't) will the lid switch affect agitation, fill or anything other than spin/drain.

I hear from a friend of mine that the timer is the issue and has just gone bad.
            I have my doubts but the timer being responsible isn't totally outside the realm of possibility (just fairly unlikely IMO). Good luck on the guess!

It [replacing the timer] a DIY fix
            I have no idea of the particular DIYer's ability but most reasonably handy homeowners should be able to accomplish replacing a washing machine's timer.

JMO

Dan O.
            www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

The timer was the issue ... I popped the new one in and all is fine and the wash runs through all cycles and drains properly.

Thank you all for your help and hopefully this may help others and save them a bit of money as it's quite simple to replace.

Comment

Fixed!

The timer was the issue. I popped the new one in and all is fine
                Glad to hear it. Thanks for the follow up.

Dan O.
                www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                X
                =