Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirlpool Ultraease Water Dispenser moldy

I have a 4 year old side by side Whirlpool with the Ultraease water dispenser. The house was empty for 2 months with the thermostat set to 85 degrees and now there is what looks like black mold all around the flapper door that delivers the ice cubes. It has also dripped down on to the push lever and plastic tray below. At first I thought it was soda that had been sprayed all over but on closer inspection found it was not. I've cleaned up best I can on the lower portion but would like to take the thing apart. How do you remove the cover for the dispenser? I don't see any screws. Does it snap on and off? I don't want to crack the thing until I'm sure of how it mounts. Anybody else come across this problem?

Thanks in advance,
    Phil Vourtsis

Model number??

Whirlpool Ultraease Water Dispenser
    I'm afraid that is not enough information to identify the appliance in question. What is needed is its exact model number as the forum instructions requested be supplied. If you post it we can look it up to see what appliance design you're dealing with to possibly answer your question.

Forum Instructions LINK > Please include Make and Model # in post

JFYI

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

THanks for responding. The model is Whirlpool ED5FHEXT00.

Phil Vourtsis

Comment

Originally posted by pvourtsis

The model is Whirlpool ED5FHEXT00.
        You appear to be missing a digit from that model number. Eg. ED5FHEXT_00

I'm guessing it might be ED5FHEXTL00 in which case accessing its dispenser mechanism is illustrated at the following link:

LINK > Kenmore and Whirlpool style dispenser break down

I hope it helps.

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =