Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whirlpool washer out of balance

I have a Whirlpool washer - Model number WTW5830SW0 - that is out of balance. I have releveled twice and it is perfectly level. The drum will knock when spinning. I have moved the clothes around in the drum, but it still appears to be out of balance. I understand the outer drum is supported by some springs? I'm open to suggestions. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Dan O.; 08-15-2010, 04:24 PM. Reason: added more descriptive title

Inner tub loose?

Whirlpool washer model WTW5830SW0 is out of balance. The drum will knock when spinning.
    Two common things could cause that; the inner tub loose on the transmission shaft or possibly worn suspension pads.

If the inner tub can be wiggled independently from the agitator, feeling 'loose', the 'tub locking nut' beneath the agitator could have come loose or it or the tub mounting drive block (see the following link) may have worn out.

LINK > Whirlpool WTW5830SW0 Tub Drive Block

LINK > WTW5830SW0 Tub Drive Block NUT

If that is not the problem someone might need to look into the suspension pads as described at the following link. Or, if the washer has been relocated recently or laid on its side for any reason, the triangular suspension plate may have just come out of place.

LINK > Washer moves around too much

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X
    =