Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kenmore micro/hood vent strage noise???

Kenmore micro/combo hood vent. Using it when suddenly the "sound" it makes when running went noticeably different. Still heating tho. Seems as if there was a "fan" noise when it ran that is not there now. Like i said, however, its still heating when used. I did notice when cooking something that what i thought was smoke accumulaing in the micro, when opened it was just steam. I wonder if some "vent fan " or somethihg gave out. Makes me kind o nervous when micro isnt running right. Any help appreciated.

Kenmore 721.63653300

there are three fans inside the unit. one is the coolant fan for the magnetron. one moves a paddle for the microwaves and one is for the exhaust. I would check the paddle motor - it is belt driven.

Comment

Seems as if there was a "fan" noise when it ran that is not there now.
      There is a circulating fan for the oven cavity. It might have failed or is no longer being powered for whatever reason.

If that fan is no longer functioning use of the microwave oven should be discontinued or damage to the magnetron tube could result ($$$+)!

Originally posted by HayZee518

there are three fans inside the unit.
      There are 3-motors but only two fans. One of the motors drives the turntable cooking tray.

JFYI

Dan O.
      www.Appliance411.com
      The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

o.k. well here's my 1st question. is this something i can repair or not recommended. I have allready removed the cover. I see a fan off to the right side as i look at it. I plugged the micro in and ran it for 5 seconds or so and the fan didnt run. Am i correct in assuming it should be running?? IF this is the problem fan, can i just order a new fan motor and try it??

Comment

Yeah, go to dan's site or repairclinic dot com and order a new fan motor.

Comment

is this something i can repair
            I'm afraid I have no ideas of your abilities. There are components inside the unit which will hold an electrical charge even with the appliance unplugged so proper safety precautions have to be taken.

I plugged the micro in and ran it for 5 seconds or so and the fan didnt run.
            If the motor WAS getting power but NOT running, the motor would be suspect. If power to the motor ceasing was the reason the motor stopped, looking into its power circuit might be needed.

Am i correct in assuming it should be running?
            AFAIK any fans should only operate while the appliance is in use (ie. during cooking).

JMO

Dan O.
            www.Appliance411.com
            The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Replaced the fan and all is well!!!!! Thanks for all the help. Much appreciated.

Comment

Fixed!

Originally posted by budman 19843

Replaced the fan and all is well!
                Glad to hear it. Thanks for the follow up.

Dan O.

Comment

Working...
                X
                =