Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is wrong with my refrigerator?

My Whirlpool Gold (sorry don't have model number with me here at work) refrigerator has stopped cooling. It is 60 some odd degrees in the fridge. The freezer appears to be working ok. My husband took the back off inside the freezer and there was some frost built up. He defrosted that and then plugged it back in. It cooled at around 40 degrees for about 24 hours then it stopped cooling again and is back up to 60 degrees again. It seems to be running louder than normal also. It is only 6 years old. It also makes a knocking noise sometimes. Any idea what could be wrong?
    Last edited by Paula; 10-12-2010, 08:10 AM.

refrigerator has stopped cooling. It is 60 some odd degrees in the fridge. The freezer appears to be working ok.
    You can read about possibilities for that condition at the following link. Each would have to be investigated one at a time until the cause in your case is found.

LINK > My frost free refrigerator is not cooling properly. What might be the problem?

took the back off inside the freezer and there was some frost built up.
    How much and how was it distributed? (see the link above)

It also makes a knocking noise sometimes.
    If from the compressor itself (see the following link), that may not be correctable without a major repair. It is possible however something is just out of place and causing the sound. It would have to be investigated.

LINK > My refrigerator is making strange sounds. What is wrong with it?

don't have model number
    If you post again please supply it. Then we can at least look it up to see what appliance design you're dealing with.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X
    =