Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezer's compressor not turning off

Good day all. I have a stand alone Kenmore Freezer that is almost 20 years old. This baby has been flawless and never had an issue. I am noticing lately that it is cooling just fine, but compressor never turns off. Any ideas what can cause this? Bad Fan, thermostat, low on refrigerant, etc... Any help or info greatly appreciated.

check out the thermostat. after all it's just a switch. the bulb may be in or near the surface of the box.

Comment

Model number?

Kenmore Freezer that is almost 20 years old
      I'm afraid that is not enough information to identify the appliance in question. What is needed is its exact model number. If you post it we can at least look it up to see what appliance design you're dealing with.

Forum Notice > Please include Make and Model # in post

it is cooling just fine, but compressor never turns off.
      Is it getting WAY too cold?

If it WAS cooling properly it should be colder than normal after running continually. If it is not way too cold, it is NOT cooling properly and someone should be looking into why.

Any ideas what can cause this? Bad Fan, thermostat, low on refrigerant, etc...
      Until we know the appliance's model number we don't even know what parts it has that might cause problems. Once you post that and clarify the symptoms we may be able to suggest a course of action.

JMO

Dan O.
      www.Appliance411.com
      The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

I believe it reads Kenmore Model # 408.8185580

Temperature is -9.2

Let me know if this helps. Thanks again

Comment

Kenmore Model # 408.8185580
          I'm afraid I can find no listing for such a model number. Is this an American product or Canadian? If American please double check that number.

Temperature is -9.2
          Fahrenheit? If so than it IS too cold and the thermostat may be the cause of it running continually.

You would either need a different model number to try to trace a replacement thermostat or the numbers printed on the original thermostat.

JMO

Dan O.
          www.Appliance411.com
          The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X
          =