Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water under veggie drawers,GE tbx22mr

I've read some posts and they talk about going in from the back. This model is 80 to 90% incased in the back. I'm guessing I need to take panels out from inside the freezer and look for some sort of tray or pan that might be frozen or a line being clogged ? If someone is familiar with this model I would appreciate some assistance before I dive in, Thanks

Model number incomplete/incorrect

GE tbx22mr
    That model number is incomplete. Did you get it right off the appliance's model and serial number identification tag?

You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances at the following link:

LINK > Model Number Tag Location Guide

Water under veggie drawers... I'm guessing I need to take panels out from inside the freezer and look for some sort of tray or pan that might be frozen or a line being clogged?
    Yes, the rear panel inside the freezer compartment. The drain trough beneath the evaporator (cooling) coil.

I don't know if it will help but once you get the complete model number you can see exploded parts views of it at the following link:

LINK > GE TBX22... Exploded Part View Diagrams

JFYI

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
    Last edited by Dan O.; 10-18-2010, 12:52 PM.

Comment

thanks for imfo

Thank you for imfo, the part is tbx22rmr. I'm still guess I need to go in from front of freezer and look for something clogged up. the diagrams I've looked at don't show a drain line from a pan which I have read about on this problem? Am I going about this right? Thanks again all imfo is appreciated.

Comment

oopps!!!

THANKS DAN O. i DIDN'T SEE ANSWER IN 1ST post.

Comment

the part is tbx22rmr
          That is the model number, yes, but still looks to be missing at least one more letter before the color designation.

LINK > GE TBX22RMR... Exploded Part View Diagrams

the diagrams I've looked at don't show a drain line from a pan
          On some models the actual drain hose between the defrost water drain tough in the freezer to the drain pan under the fridge is inside the walls of the cabinet and not accessible except at either end.

JFYI

Dan O.
          www.Appliance411.com

Comment

That # came off the silver tag inside frig and there was a sticker on outside back w/same #.There is a hose that comes out the back and if I take the cardboard off at the botom the hose emptys there in to a pan, the pan is dry. I took hose off from back of unit an blew into it an the only water that came out was from U shape at the bootom of hose,the rest of hose was dry an clear, so I figured I need to go inside of unit. I think I'm going to go inside freezer Wedesday. Thanks again Dan O., I'll post results.

Comment

That # came off the silver tag inside frig
              That tag also had the unit's serial number on it?

There wasn't any more letters to the model number after what you had posted? (On GE models there may have been a small space between the rest of the model number. There should at the very least have the 2-letter color designation.)

I figure I need to go inside of unit
              That is usually required, yes.

I think I'm going to go inside freezer Wedesday.
              Let us know how you make out.

Dan O.
              www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

That's it, the model # is on one side of the tag and then there is a circle with UL in it, then the serial #. I went to take the back panel off the freezer this evening and looks like I have to take out the icemaker? It looks like I have to take the icemaker apart? to get it out? Does this sound right? or does it come out as a whole unit? I tried to see how the whole thing would come out ,but couldn't figure it out accept that it needs to be disasimbled

Comment

I went to take the back panel off the freezer this evening and looks like I have to take out the icemaker?
                  In most cases, yes.

It looks like I have to take the icemaker apart to get it out?
                  Not usually, no. I've never heard of such a case.

The icemaker should hang from the wall on 2 screws (see attached image). It's wiring should unplug from the cabinet wall.

JFYI

Dan O.
                  www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Back AT IT ?

DanO thanks for your help. I went back in today and got the icemaker out and back panel off.The drain tray seem to be dry.There was some debrie, but know back up and ice like I was expecting. Cleaned what little was in there. It was clear from hole in tray to the back drain line. If I had a FLASHLIGHT on THE BACK SIDE I could see light from inside through hole? I'm lost now on where water in bottom frig is coming from?
                    Weeks ago when I first started I took back drain line off and it was dry and pan under frig was dry?
                    Any ideas where water could be coming from?
                    Thanks Mark.

Comment

If I had a FLASHLIGHT on THE BACK SIDE I could see light from inside through hole?
                      I doubt it.

It was clear from hole in tray to the back drain line.
                      Did you try pouring water down to see if it drained properly?

Weeks ago when I first started I took back drain line off and it was dry and pan under frig was dry?
                      They would only be wet after a defrost cycle. You could have caught it between defrost cycles.

Any ideas where water could be coming from?
                      Only from 2 places... besides spillage, the icemaker or the defrost water drain system.

JMO

Dan O.
                      www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Water under veggie drawers

After reading the posts above I'm even more confused than before. I have the same model and it has just started the water collection problem. We have owned this refrigerator for about 12 years and it has never done this before. If the defrost is supposed to drain water into the tray (or bottom of refrigerator) then why was it not depositing the water there before? What has changed that could be causing the increased water? Low refergerant? Is the evaporator icing up and the defrost is working overtime?
                        Confused in Oregon.

Comment

If the defrost is supposed to drain water into the tray (or bottom of refrigerator) then why was it not depositing the water there before?
                          Defrost water is funneled to a drain pan beneath the refrigerator where it evaporates using heat from part of the condenser coil. Unless you caught it immediately after a defrost, you might never see any water in the drain pan.

LINK > Condensate Drain

No water should collect inside the refrigerator compartment.

Is the evaporator icing up and the defrost is working overtime?
                          That is impossible to say without actual inspection of it.

Dan O.
                          www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~
                          Last edited by Dan O.; 12-27-2010, 01:56 PM.

Comment

I slowed down the water substantailly

the water is not coming out on the floor since I checked it a month ago, it was coming out on the floor every 3 to 4 days,but is still collecting under veggie bin. I just checked it, before I was going to thank you for your help and tell you what I did thinking I had fixed it.
                            What I did was adjust the refrig thermostat to be not as cold #5 and adjusted the veggie doors to low humidity from high.
                            the clue was after taking the frezzer apart and not finding anything and finding no water on back wall inside frig, I looked down at the bottom shelf, which is clear and acts as the top to the veggie drawers, and saw water drops hanging in the back part of the big drawer, I didn't see before probably because of food. water didn't collect in the drawer? I think the angle of the top must have fall to it ,to the back of the frig and over hangs the drawer enough that it drips from there down. my wife thinks since it is winter the humidity is down and thats what is helping the situation?
                            I'm going to look at the manual and see if it has a reconmended setting. #5 is it. And after reading the manual I think my wife maybe on to something, my youngest son doesn't know how to close any door, cabinet, car and of coarse refrigator doors. I think his new job is drying the water in the frig! I think somebody adjusted the settings and jr is what the problem here is, what do you think?
                            Thanks a million DanO, I've taking out a dishwasher and put in a new one in since we talked last.
                            Now my dyer has stopped working? There is a grinding noise and the tub or barrel doesn't move. I'm getting ready to look it up now and see what I can find. It's a Gibson/ Spacemaster. I hope it's simple, like a belt or something, but the grinding worries me, thanks again an have a great and prosperous new year, Mark

Comment

I think somebody adjusted the settings and jr is what the problem here is, what do you think?
                              Condensation could be forming on surfaces. Leaving the door ajar could cause that.

JMO

Dan O.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              =