Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freezer quit

i have a frigidaire model #ffu2124dwi has power, removed the, i guess its a fuse or breaker at the compessor. yhr other part on the comp, maybe a relay has something loose inside it and has a burn spot on the outside ..think the comp is gone?
    Last edited by HUCKSTER; 11-21-2010, 02:28 PM.

anybody know?

Comment

Defective relay/overload asm.?

i guess its a fuse or breaker at the compessor.
      There's a relay and overload protector mounted on the compressor. On your model both those components are contained within a single part (see the following link).

LINK > Frigidaire FFU2124DW1 Relay/Overload Asm.

There is also a run capacitor attached to the relay/overload (see the following link).

LINK > FFU2124DW1 Compressor Run Capacitor

maybe a relay has something loose inside it
      That probably isn't a good sign with the type of reply used on your model. It should be solid state and not usually rattle.

and has a burn spot on the outside
      That is a good sign that that part is likely defective.

think the comp is gone?
      That is a possibility but not necessarily a certainty.

JMO

Dan O.
      www.Appliance411.com
      The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

ill try them and see what happens,i guess there is no what to check comp.

Comment

it looks like the blue and white wires are perm.connected,are they

Comment

looks like the blue and white wires are perm. connected, are they
            Permanently connected to what??

The wiring to the relay/overload assembly should usually just plug onto terminals on it.

i guess there is no what to check comp.
            The compressor can be tested to confirm its operation using a compressor test cord, bypassing the relay and overload. I very much doubt you'd have one of those tools so that would likely require calling in a professional.

Someone could at least test the compressor winding for resistance:
            • There should be some resistance between each of the compressor terminals and the other compressor terminals.
            • There should be infinite resistance between each of the compressor terminals and a ground.

Passing those tests doesn't guaranty the compressor is good but a failure of any would point to an definite problem in the compressor.

JMO

Dan O.
            www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~
            Last edited by Dan O.; 11-22-2010, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Buddy of mine has a hard start kit he is giving me

Comment

Buddy of mine has a hard start kit he is giving me
                Make sure it is the right size for the compressor on your model. There are 2 common sizes available, each for different HP compressors.

Good luck!

Dan O.
                www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~
                Last edited by Dan O.; 11-23-2010, 09:11 PM.

Comment

the one i have is 1/4 to 1/3 hp.is that correct for my model

Comment

I'm afraid I do not know which compressor model is used in your freezer. I'd need the numbers off of it to try to trace that information.

Seeing the size of your freezer looks to be either 21 or 24 cu.ft., that would probably be the right size relay for the compressor in it.

Good luck!

Dan O.
                    www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Hi Huckster! I found the operating manual and wiring diagram for your freezer.

Go to frigidaire's website and go to Guides/Manuals under customer support. the model number is FFU2124DW1.

It looks like you have a good warranty on the unit – particularly the compressor. Depending upon the age of the freezer, you may want to call customer support and see if this is covered.

Best wishes and keep us posted on the outcome.

Comment

installed the part and worked fine, yea .thanks for all the help

Comment

Fixed!

Originally posted by Designing Woman

It looks like you have a good warranty on the unit – particularly the compressor. Depending upon the age of the freezer, you may want to call customer support and see if this is covered.
                          Yes, some Frigidaire refrigerators and freezers may have up to a 10-year warranty on the sealed system and/or the compressor. It doesn't however cover the compressor relay or overload.

installed the [hard start kit] and worked fine
                          Glad to hear it. You might however want to hold onto the original relay. If the compressor should fail and it is covered by the sealed system warranty, that warranty may be voided if found to have that hard start kit installed on it. You might have to reinstall the original before a technician arrives and sees it.

JFYI

Dan O.
                          www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          =