Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dryer blows breaker when plugged in

This is a Whirlpool dryer model # 96281100. The breaker blows when the dryer is plugged in, this is without pushing the momentary switch. I removed the wire from the dryer and plugged it in, the breaker did not blow. I reconnected the wire. I removed the heating unit it looked good, nothing touching the heating can.
    Got any idea?
    Thankyou

Richard
    Last edited by Richard c; 11-27-2010, 07:21 PM.

Dryer

Could be just the way its connected. the circuit should be open all the way to the terminal block inside. One side of the element is connected to the red terminal, the other one goes through a relay to the black. If one element is grounded out it may blow the breaker.

Comment

Hayzee, Just checked, the left incoming wire black is grounded. That wire goes to the clock. I'll follow from there tomorrow, It got late and cold.
      I was thinking the motor, wifey was thinking the clock. It would be nice to find a wire touching ground after having left the clock! Thanks for taking the time to post.

Richard

Comment

The black wire goes to the clock and has continuity to the blue wire also on the clock. The blue wire goes to the motor. I removed the blue wire from the motor. The post that the blue wire plugged to on the motor is grounded.

Richard

Comment

couple questions: How is the impeller attached and removed from the motor?

I have a whirlpool or kenmore outside in the snow. Is there a difference in the mortors?

Thankyou

Richard

Comment

Working...
          X
          =