Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turned fridge side off, left frzr side on, now not cooling

Hi, I have an Amana Mdl ASD2624HEW SxS that is abt. 6 yrs old., I turned the fridge part off to cln it & forgot to turn it off. Was left this way for a couple of days. Then noticed that the compressor wasn't running. Turned both sides off for a minute & then turned them back on hoping that it would re-set itself. The fan came on after a minute or so, but the compressor didn't. Help pls! Thanks in advance

The fan came on after a minute or so, but the compressor didn't.
    The fan(s) and compressor should all run at the same time. If the compressor isn't running at that time someone will need to investigate why.

The compressor not running when it should could be caused by no power getting to the compressor or if power IS getting to the compressor but it is not running, a problem in the compressor's starting relay/overload asm. or in the compressor itself.

There is a slim chance that the compressor was made to run excessively and is now just overheated. Turn the fridge off (completely!) or unplug it for 15-20 minutes. If when plugged in again the compressor does not run when the fan(s) are, someone will need to check the appliance out to determine why. In such a case leaving the refrigerator unplugged until serviced is usually prudent.

I turned the fridge part off to cln it
    The whole appliance should be turned off during cleaning as air is circulated throughout the whole cabinet when running. Letting it run while any door is open for an extended period of time can result in an excessive frost accumulation on the evaporator (cooling) coil leading to cooling problems (but wouldn't in itself stop the compressor from running).

LINK > My frost free refrigerator is not cooling properly. What might be the problem?

PS. If you need any parts for your refrigerator you'll also need to supply the appliance's serial number. What parts are used on it depends on that in addition to the model number.

JFYI

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X
    =