Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remodeling cd's

Anybody have a favorite remodeling cd?
    I'm looking for one that pertains to kitchen/bath remodels but would like to hear from anyone who has used one. I've only seen one and it sold for almost $300.00. That's not outrageous if it's easy to use and beneficial. Thanks [8D]

I presume by remodeling CD you mean a home architect or desiger software.

I have one that originally cost $450, is very difficult to use unless your have a degree in CAD designing and i personally wouldn't recommend it to my competition.

I have two real cheapies that i enjoy working with, in fact the real cheapie works the best and seems to be the most user friendly....

Both can be found at Walmart, Staples or most software suppliers,

Punch "Super Home Suite" about $30 and comes with a complete book.

Broderbund "3D Home Architect" $9.95 in the cheapie CD case game software section.

These programs will both produce very nice prints complete with automatic dimension lines, both in the print area or external to the floor plan area, which is the method most often preferred on building prints.

They will automatically compute square footage by room and total.

They will automatically produce 3d elevations from the floor plan, and the Punch program offers a 3d virtual camera feature where you can tour though and get a 3d view from any point or angle.

The have an extensive fixture and furnishing library and the plumbing fixtures are set up to provide the code required minimum clearances.

The have an extensive library of electrical symbols and have a one button feature to layout your outlets to code minimum standards.

You can print full size working prints. (They print multiple sheets which must then be pasted together to make the fimal print. I often use that tecnique, and once i have them pasted into a final i take that to an office supply and have it duplicated for actual size job prints.)

Comment

Working...
    X
    =