Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital camera stuck - Canon A510 Powershot

I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum, so direct me to the right place if I am. I have a Canon PowerShot A510 that got stuck 2 days after the 1 year warranty expired. AAARRRRGGGH! It powers up, but the zoom lens won't extend and the lens cover stays half-open. I had it diagnosed, and the repair shop claims that it needs so much repair including replacing gears, etc. and will cost around $150! Anybody out there who knows if this is DIY-fixable? Thanks.
    Last edited by paulandjing; 04-12-2006, 08:26 PM.

Ps 510.....

If the battery's not fully charged, that dould explain it. If it is charged, I turn the camera on, then remove the battery. Wait about ten or more seconds and reinstall. Another approach would be to call Canon's 800 number and complain to them about the two-day after warranty issue and ask for some leniince on this. Also might be a good idea to ask what known problems are on this model camera. We had a PS 20 that my wife loved, but something went on the fritz with it after a couple years. Found out that Ccanon has a great program for turning in your old camera, adding some money to it, and getting a better model reconditioined camera. We did that and my wife is absolutely happy now!

Comment

Working...
    X
    =