Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receiver won't power up!

I have a Onkyo tx-sv515 proII, that does not power up it is an older but very good unit, is there a place I can start to look at I am somewhat knowledgable!

Onkyo Update

The problem is that when I plug the unit in, the standby light lites and when I push the power button nothing happens, any ideas?

Comment

the standby light comes off the line side of the connection wire and goes to the toggle-over switch. use a meter and verify that power is coming out of the switch in the "ON" position. Next would be to check the transformer primary.

Comment

Fuses

Most of the older audio/video units are fused internally via small buss fuses. Unplug the unit and remove the cover. You may find a single fuse, which may be blown or/and an individual fuse for each channel. I'd check these before getting more involved in other possibilities. Sometimes It's the simple things that drive you nuts! Good Luck!

Comment

trace out your circuit with a good analog meter. digitals work good with low current ICs. start at your input power to the switch to the transformer primary. look for a glass type fuse in one or both sides of the line. the line may have a thermistor across the line input for surge protection. check your output according to the unit's specs. the power supply could be a bridge rectifier or a full wave power supply with a center tap secondary. there would be two diodes connected for the positive voltage. negative would be ground. check filter capacitors next. the filter network could be a pi filter or an L filter.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =