Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Projection television lamps?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Projection television lamps?

How long will the lamps die out? And can I pick up a replacement lamp at my local best buy store or circuit city, or do I have to go to their official website and buy it from them?

the lamps as you say aren't lamps. they are cathode ray tubes and are electron projection tubes that focus their beams with the help of optics. they are obtainable from electronic supply houses. I doubt that any circuit city place would even carry them. they are filled with a coolant that resembles auto anti-freeze only clear. they can last any time mine have been functioning now for 7 years but they are showing their wear.

Comment

I don’t know much more but I think life depends on how much TV you watch per day and also it depend on lamp quality. I bought a Philips original projection lamp 2 years ago from a website called discount-merchantDOTcom. Its really amazing work and believe me I have no problem yet. So I would recommend for Philips original lamps. Thanks!

Comment

what lamp are you talking about? I went to your site and saw lamps just plain ol halide lamps. and still in a projection tv like mine, a phillips magnavox, I have three color guns - one blue, one red and one green. they don't look like ANYTHING in that discount site.

Comment

TV Proj. Lamps

There are obviously a number of lamp types that fit your description ... If you are refering to a rear projection LED screen, mine (42" Sony) lasted about 3 years. I checked with Sony, they could supply one for about $280. I bought mine from Best Buy (web site only) for $240. It is a 3rd party mfg. It was simple to install with the directions that came with it.
          Good luck.
          Ed

Comment

Oh mine are filled with an antifreeze solution for cooling. they're about 10 inches long with the optics for focusing. each weighs about 6 lbs.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =