Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reccomendations for all in one remotes

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good all in one top quality remote for dvd/satellite/tv?

All in one remote

I am in the A/V Business and we sell quite a few Universal Remote brand products. Their lower end models are easy to set up by the end user and if you have a more elaborate system, the MX850 and above are really nice because they can be customized. We use a PC to program those so they might not be quite a do-it- yourself item but they are nice. You should be able to find these on-line. Hope this helps.

John

Comment

If you can afford it get a Phillips Pronto. I have an older but the newer ones can learn just about any code and can be fully custamized via PC. They now have color touch screens, very thin, etc. I am very happy with mine.

Comment

i have a Logitech Harmony and love it. you hook it to your PC, bring up the software adn type inteh model numbers of your devices. it gives you pretty much every function the original remotes had, and you can customize the buttons so that you have what you want. for example, when i choose "watch Tivo" i get buttons for my surround sound modes, TV Input, Satellite channels and picture format. i even have soem digital picture frames setup so that i can control them with it. my model does not support RF, but they make one that does. i have to put it in the charger base about once a week, but that is better than having the batteries die and having to reprogram everythign like you do with cheap universals.

Comment

yes, iphone remotes!!

Comment

In my experience, most of the cable/satellite companies provide one. If you have a box, I don't think a foreign companies remote can work with it. I usually just go with what is provided. They work pretty well and they have a but for most things you'd want (DVD, TV, Cable, Surround)
            Last edited by TransformStuff; 01-17-2011, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =