Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorex MVD2042 Dvd Player

I have a Memorex MVD2042, every time i put a disk in it says no disk, so i decided to take the cover off and clean the lens and then try again with the cover off, in doing so i noticed every time i placed a disk in and closed the tray it would say loading and then show No Disk, and the disk would not spin but just a very little bit, im not sure as to what is causeing this and hope that some one could help me solve this problem, the dvd player worked up until a week ago and just started doing that , if any one can help it would be great, thank you in advanced for the advice and tips on this subject,,,,,,,mark

since you already had it apart - take another look inside it. look in one of the corners where the disk rides. the disk actually rises up so its free spinning but there's a tiny infrared sensor that detects a disk. if the disk rides crooked then the eye won't see the disk. I noticed that one day when a guy brought me his hitachi cd player. the player deck had four springs that held the carriage. one spring was less springy then the rest so the deck was at an angle - AND he got the no disk message.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =