Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reciever losing channels

Hello, I have a Sony STR-DE445 surround sound receiver. About 2 months ago, it started loosing the front right channel. Sometimes it would come back on if you turned it off then back on or gently tapped it on its side. Within the last two weeks it will occasionally lose all sound until you turn it off then back on or tap on its side. I have a pair of Boston Acoustic floor standing speakers with powered subwoofers and sometimes when the front right channel goes out if you unplug the power cord then plug it back in the sound will come back on. I love this reciever and would appreciate any input on what the problem & solution might be. Hopefully the anwser won't be "You need a new reciever".

Thanks in advance

get a can of non residue tuner cleaner and remove your cabinet cover. look to the volume controls and balance. just above or below the solder connections there is a small hole. this is where the film resistor and wiper is. spray the cleaner into this hole and move the wiper back and forth a few times. let it dry and try the tuner. for your speaker plugs, maybe the spring contact for the "pin" end is sprung out. remove the jack and bend the center contact more towards the center. the sleeve of the plug just rests against the shell.

Comment

I'll give it a shot and let you know the results

Thanks

CaptHowdy

Comment

HayZee518, I opened the receiver, there are circuit boards over the volume control so i just sprayed everything off on the inside. I didn't notice a small hole but i had to stop the project for a while but I'll take another look

Thanks again

CaptHowdy

Comment

Working...
        X
        =