Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• technics SAG76 volume problem

I have a technics SAG76 that will suddenly blast wide open on the volume, although the setting is in the low position. I purchased some electronic cleaner to service the pot, but when I removed the cover from the chasis, the volume components seem to be a small sealed unit. I was expecting a pair of discs that could be spray cleaned. Could someone tell me what the fix is and if i should attempt it myself. I am repair savy, but know next to nothing about electronics, and I dont want to sink a lot of money into a unit that is being used as a garage stereo. Thanks for any detailed info I can get on this one. john

check with mouser electronic supply in Texas. Get a new linear taper volume control. see if you can find the ohmic value of the potentiometer. a 1/2 watt control will do.

Comment

Hey thanks for the info, I bought some contact cleaner and sprayed the pot as much as I could, trying to force some into what looks like a sealed unit to me.....and it works just fine now. Many thanks

Comment

Working...
      X
      =