Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sansui 5000A

Hi everyone! I have a problem with a sansui stero. I had it in my attic for about 20 yrs. and thought I might as well use it in my garage. The problem is that it keeps blowing the left speaker fuse. I put a new one in and it blows right away. I put a 1.5 amp in that is what was in it, but on top of the speaker fuses it says 4 A. Does that mean there is suppose to be a 4 amp in there? I had a problem with the volume makeing crackeling noises when I turned the volume but I took it apart and blew the dust out of it and it works good now. It sounds real good with the one speaker working. This looks like a good site it has a little bit about everything. Thank you for all your answers.

4A seems to be the design fusing for the speaker - yes put in a 4A fuse. if it blows, then you'll need to troubleshoot the output transformer.

Comment

I tried a quick acting 4 amp and it blew plus a red light came on in front of the unit that read protector. Do you think I should try a slow blow?

Comment

4 amp is 4 amp. a slow blow will just take longer to open up. now yer gonna need to troubleshoot the amp. the output is no doubt a push-pull circuit. the output of one transistor is the input to its pair. see if there is a transformer in the output of the final transistor or IC.

Comment

Sansui 5000

I used to work on those years ago. Your output transistors for one channel have shorted. Probably took several others out with it. Back in the 70s whan they were new, we repaired several, but the cost was pretty high for an out of warranty repair. Bad outputs will almost always take out several resistors ans driver transistors. All must be checked out of circuit... you must disconnect each resistor and measure the resistance with an ohm meter. Anything not in tolerance must be replaces. Same thing for all the driver transistors. You must go back through the circuit till you find a good stage. Once you replace all the bad components... transistors AND resistors that were blown, you have to balance the output stage. Also, check the speaker that was connected to the bad channel - I've seen speakers fried by a blown output. Once the speaker shorts, it can blow a new channel instantly.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =