Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording tv program...

We have a 'free air' situation in our house. It is, of coarse, a digital signal. All tv's are digital. Wife desires some program(s) to be recorded for future play back. I see digital recorders (Tivo, for example..) require purchasing a 'plan' to use the device after it's purchase. Is/are there any units that just record and play back at our discretion?

I think those are called VCRs.

Do your TVs support Hulu or other apps such as YouTubeTV? If so you would still have a monthly fee but no other hardware to purchase.

Comment

Yes, we have a vcr, but it's not ideal for our (her) purposes. I'm looking at some other options. We did the Hulu thing a while back by running her laptop through the tv. Worked fine for that purpose. Now we have another issue that needs 'fixing'....

Comment

Purchased a iView-3500STBII and installed a USB stick. Formatted that and all is well.
        The user manual was 'sort-of' helpful. Made more sense after I made a lot of mistakes.
        Not the easiest book to follow. But it's done now.

Comment

just wondering how this is going. are you happy with it? I have other options if you aren’t….

Comment

I'm now using DVBViewer Pro 7.2.1.0 on Windows 11 (64-bit). I would like to know which tools could be used to schedule TV recordings without the need to run the DVBViewer.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =