Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water damage below cabinet?

Noticed some water damage under part of my kitchen cabinets. I have no idea how it was damaged. This is the only part damage in my kitchen. I thought maybe it was the dishwasher that is right beside it that was leaking, but I ran the dishwasher and didn't see any leakage.

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated!

If you have run the dishwasher and checked while it's running for leaks and found none, has the door of the washer been opened while it was in a cycle, often when you open the door quickly during a cycle you get water running off the open door, right at the location of the water damage your picture shows.
    Have you pulled the machine out to see if there is any damage directly under the machine ?
    Last edited by pushkins; 02-04-2012, 10:05 PM.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Water damage....

It appears there's damage on the right side cabinet as well. Pull the lower front inspection cover off the dishwasher and check under there with a bright flash light. I'll bet you'll find the leak there.....

Comment

I pulled the dishwasher out as soon as it was done running and it was completely dry. Plus there was no other damage other than that one front board. Not inside where the washer goes or on any other part of the cabinets.

The damaged board is only damaged half way up the board..the top of the board isnt damaged.

Comment

the board looks like mdf a composite made of wood shavings and glue with a thin veneer glued on. it soaks up water and expands then dries out. do any of your dishwasher pipes or hoses run through the cabinet?

Comment

Not that side, they run under the sink to the right of the washer.

Comment

OK, then all I can figure is at one point the dishwasher leaked and the composite soaked up the water and expanded and dried. look at the raw side of your cabinet doors or sides. do they look like particle board? I wouldn't be concerned unless you have a puddle under that cabinet.

Comment

I still say the door was opened during a cycle at some time, water fell out the corner and was absorbed by the kick.
                Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
                Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
                X
                =