Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a Dishwasher Cabinet

Hello,
    I want to add a built in dishwasher in my kitchen. I have plenty of room at the end of the cabinets to add on an additional cabinet. What is the best way to go about building a dishwasher cabinet? thank you.

Its really quite easy. Measure the width of the dishwasher and cut an opening in the cabinet. Brace up the shelving inside and brace the left and right sides of the cabinets so they don't flop around near the base. You may need to cut off part of the countertop overhang to accomodate the height of the dishwasher. On the left or right side of the washer, use a hole saw and cut a hole for the inlet water hose. And higher up drill a hole to clear the discharge hose. Fabricate a drain loop which is an upside down U piece of pipe. outlet of this goes into a fitting just above the sink trap or goes into your garbage disposal if you have one. Cut into your hot water supply and install a T. On the T solder in a valve. The hot water supply will be a long 3/8" poly with a stainless steel braid and appropriate fittings for the washer and the supply end.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =