Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• run speaker cable under wood floor?

I am trying to run rear speaker cables to create home theater surround sound, under a wood floor where I cannot get access to the crawl space. I think that I can use a long drill bit to drill through the wood floor near the receiver and then where the speakers will go, but I am concerned about how to guide the cables using an electrician's fishing tape under the floor. How will I be able to get the wire to the other end of the floor, 25 feet away and find the other hole?

an electrical fish tape is very flexible and I'm afraid its hit or miss trying to manipulate it that distance [25 feet] not knowing what obstructions are in the crawl space, the fish might travel the whole distance or it might just get wrapped in a circle. a suggestion. have you thought about using a cove molding as a "shoe" molding around the room? the front edge is an ogee curve and the back is cut at a 45 degree angle. between the baseboard and floor corner is a 90 degree and the backside of the cove molding is a space you could run the wire.

Comment

cove moulding

cove molding

Comment

Working...
      X
      =