Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• condensor fan replacement

i am replaceing a condensor fan motor on my central unit.the old motor has three wires to it,red,black,and litebrown .the new motor is a a o smith 1/4 hp , 1075 rpm,2 amp with brown ,brown/white,yellow,and black wires. how do i connect the wires to my unit capacitor?

Originally posted by pappy View Post
    i am replaceing a condensor fan motor on my central unit.the old motor has three wires to it,red,black,and litebrown .the new motor is a a o smith 1/4 hp , 1075 rpm,2 amp with brown ,brown/white,yellow,and black wires. how do i connect the wires to my unit capacitor?
    Isn't there a diagram on the motor or in the box? Two browns to cap. the other go to 120 hot. one for each leg. Do you have the right cap. for that motor?
    Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paul52446m View Post
      Isn't there a diagram on the motor or in the box? Two browns to cap. the other go to 120 hot. one for each leg. Do you have the right cap. for that motor?
      Paul
      my cap. is a 7.5mfd with green,black,and white terminals

Comment

Originally posted by pappy View Post
        my cap. is a 7.5mfd with green,black,and white terminals
        It is a good practice when you buy a motor to buy a cap. with the motor so you
        know you got the right one. Are you saying there is no diagram and it does not tell on the motor what cap it needs? Paul

Comment

Working...
        X
        =