Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!!! Bathroom mirror SHORT CIRCUIT! (SIMPLE)

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!! Bathroom mirror SHORT CIRCUIT! (SIMPLE)

Hi, I will introduce myself later but please, I need some help ASAP! Let's just say I'm happy to have found this forum!!! :thumbsup:

Anyway, I was trying to screw a loose screw on a lightbulb thats on the set of lightbulbs that's on my bathroom mirror! Dumb me, tried doing it with a knife and of course it suddenly popped! Now none of the bulbs work! I opened the case but I have no idea of what I'm looking at so would appreciate any help ad infinitum! Hopefuly I can fix this in no time with a replacement part or two with your help!

I also noticed I left the lights on until later as the whole house turned off! I inmediately turned the lights of in the bathroom and the light came back to the house. The switch in the house's control panel to my room was off, and I left it that way for now.

Here are some pictures to illustrate the problem....

Please let me know what steps I need to do in order to fix this ASAP!

thankyou thankyou thanyou!
    Edu

well first off either the gfci popped or the circuit breaker that feeds the bathroom and other loads blew open. secondly, I don't know why the original installer just didn't use the stamped knockouts at the other end, instead made his own access hole(s). the way the install is done by code is the other end knockout(s) is screwed into a box installed in the wall. in this application the box would be mounted horizontally [standard 2x4 box] because an octagon box would never be hidden by the fixture bar. ok, remove the black and white splices from the blue and gray wires. put a wirenut on each of the wires coming out of the wall. now do what you must on the lightbar. get back to me when you are done.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =