Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All outlets in room dont work

Ok, all of my outlets have not been working for a few months now. I think that they stopped working because one outlet had too much power being drawn from it. I checked the circuit breaker and it didnt turn off. I dont think it is the breaker because the room light still works, which is hooked up to the same breaker. So far i've changed all my outlets and still nothing works. Any suggestions?

thanks,
    sam

Is the room light and switch on the same breaker?

Zips_LightnBolt

Comment

yes, its hooked up to the same breaker.

Comment

Since you know power from this same circuit is being fed into the light switch box then in this same box you may have a loose wire under a wire nut that carries power back to the receptacles. If only 2 wires come into the switch box then you have a switch loop here. That means that power comes into the circuit up at the light fixture. You may have a loose wire in the light fixture under a wire nut. You'll need a voltage tester to check. Buy one of those neon bulb voltage testers. Also make sure that all outlets that you re-wired have the wires wrapped around the screws on the sides an not stuck into the little holes on the back, this is the cause of most problems. Remember, one wire under one screw. Pigtail connections if more than 4 wires are in the outlet boxs.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =