• Show
Clear All

• Please Help Identify

Click image for larger version

Name:	electrical.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	87756

Hi Everyone. Newbie here. I was wondering if anyone can help me identify what this panel is? It appears to be an Electrical Panel (I could be wrong -it was NOT located in the basement adjacent newer 100 AMP Circuit Breakers), but located within the staircase to 2nd floor area. I posted it in electrical, but I honestly don't know what this is. Home was built in 1945, located in the Midwest. Thanks for any help/feedback in advance! Kind regards!

panelbox

it almost looks like a general electric. what name is stamped in the cover?
    take a look at the breaker number. thq or thql indicates ge.

Comment

RE: Panelbox

I've zoomed in on the picture, but can't make out too much as it gets blurry the more I zoom. There are two rows, four per row... from left to right there are six numbers corresponding to each section, the top left has 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1. To it's right, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2. Beneath the 1's, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, and so on... all the way to 8,8,8,8,8,8 w/in lower right. Atop the panel it reads something like (again, it's very blury as I zoom) "ELLCTAL-CENTER", maybe "EUCTAI CENTER".

I can't read the bottom print, which may name the Make of the panel.

Again, they had updated circuit breakers in the basement, and this was right at the base of the staircase to 2nd floor. Click image for larger version

Name:	4321 N Overhill 069.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	87202

This 2nd photo is the only other photo I have (which doesn't tell you much, but gives you an idea of the location). I thank you for your feedback... I've never seen such a thing (mind you, I'm not an Electrician, Home Inspector, et.). Thank you sir. I'm at a loss... I'm not obviously not too Electrical-Work savvy (it simply seemed like a novel, cool box... does it look electrical related?). I always like to learn new things, hence the post. There didn't appear to be switches either (like breaker switches, for eg.). Even a "Google Image Search" returned zero results.

Thanks again!

Comment

panel

I'll do some more poking around.
        the breakers look like a square D push-matic breakers, the early type.
        those numbers are just breaker locations stamped into the cover.
        the repetative numbers indicate that maybe half sized breakers will fit into a full sized opening.
        Like I said I'll look around.

the location in a hallway suggests it is a sub panel.
        reason it was put here is so they didn't have to run a cable all the way to the main panelbox. also make it convenient
        for the resident to reset them should they trip.

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
          I'll do some more poking around.
          the breakers look like a square D push-matic breakers, the early type.
          those numbers are just breaker locations stamped into the cover.
          the repetative numbers indicate that maybe half sized breakers will fit into a full sized opening.
          Like I said I'll look around.

the location in a hallway suggests it is a sub panel.
          reason it was put here is so they didn't have to run a cable all the way to the main panelbox. also make it convenient
          for the resident to reset them should they trip.

Thank you HayZee518! I appreciate your feedback & insight

Comment

panelbox

carefully remove the cover on that panelbox and use a flashlight to see whatever you can find inside or on the back of the cover.
            a piece of paper glued to the cover.
            numbers and letters on the breaker[s]

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
              carefully remove the cover on that panelbox and use a flashlight to see whatever you can find inside or on the back of the cover.
              a piece of paper glued to the cover.
              numbers and letters on the breaker[s]

Hi HayZee518. I would if I could, but unortunately I won't have another chance (I dont live there). I was doing an assignment. I truly appreciate your feedback and interest. If I ever see one again I will definitely take a photo behind it!

Comment

Working...
              X
              =