Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• code check

ran accross a series of publicatios at a plumbing web site (plbg.com)
    Thwee are a variety of book available my favortes so far are electrical code check and plumbing code check. Theyt are available from most on line book vendors in addition to the people who make them. At their website they have examples of the books and how to use them.
    I have found them very good at answering basic questions, so you can at least have a better idea if you really want to do that yourself or not.
    Paul

The NFPA (National Fire Protection Agency) also puts out a book called Electrical Code Handbook, which explains the changes in the national code, but it costs about three times the softbound national code. A lot of the code changes coming up deals with the techno jargon rather than theory of installations. Bonding as opposed to grounding etc.

Comment

I have been using the code check plumbing book for over a year and i find it an invaluable tool in the field.

anyone who has ever examined a code book knows that it is extremely confusing at best, and almost impossible for a novice to decipher. The code checks system of catagorized quick reference flip charts and illustrations make it simple to find quick answers. The plastic coated pages hold up very well to rough use or the occassional dousing with water when confronted with leaks or unexpected rain and the 8.5 x 11 format fits easily on your clipboard.

The code check reference books are primarily limited to residential applications and therefore will not meet the total needs of a working tradesmen, but for homeowners, DIY'ers and residential handymen I think you would find them extremely valuable when planning your projects.

In my experience as a working tradesman I find the illustrations very valuable when discussing a project with a potential customer.

I personnaly feel that they are one of the best publications on the market in the $20 price range, and I have incorporated them as a mandatory publication in our apprenticeship program.

Comment

I agree totally, they're very good books. They also come in a video that's helpful as well.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =