Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm located in Boston, MA. If I am not mistake, the switch was wired for outside lights anyway but the circuit was modified for the inside outlet. To be honest, the whole thing is a mess, it's difficult to tell what switch was supposed to operate which appliance originally.

Comment

but based on the wiring in that garage double switch box, the red wire has to go somewhere else. I'd still take apart your garage lights to see if that red wire comes through

~Jonathon Reinhart
      ~Jonathon Reinhart

Comment

Indeed Jonathan. I was so excited by the relative success I've had recently that I had "forgotten" about that switch.

Comment

looking back through this thread, I'm gonna guess that that mystery switch in the garage controls the outside garage lights, you called them. I would first open up your inside garage lights, to make sure that the 12-3 comes in, and there are no bare wires touching anything. Then you could do the same outside (only it would likely be a 12-2 out there), and then re-connect that inside switch and hopefully you can get those outside lights working again.

~Jonathon Reinhart
          ~Jonathon Reinhart

Comment

Working...
          X
          =