Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! my bathroom outlets stopped working!

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! my bathroom outlets stopped working!

Well I guess the title of the post explains my problem. I was cutting my boyfriend's hair in the upstairs bathroom when the trimmer it just stopped working. I tried to go to the downstairs bathroom and that one wasn't working either. Then I tried a recepticle in the hallway but the same wall as the bathroom and it wasn't working. All the lights are on in all bathrooms, all outlets (that I can tell) in all other rooms are working, just the bathroom sockets are completely blown. I flipped everything in the fuse box except for the fridge, washer/dryer, A/C unit, and dishwasher, but the sockets still don't work. Any ideas? Please help!

You have a GFCI receptacle that is tripped and needs to be reset. Check around to find it, should be in the bathroom. Push on the reset button to get your power back. Here's a link that'll show you what they look like. They are also located on your kitchen countertop, outdoor receptacles, garage and basement.

This website is for sale! danswiringpage.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, danswiringpage.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

You may also have a circuit breaker GFCI that might have tripped - it's in the panelbox and should have a RED handle - Just shut it all the way off and back on

Comment

It does sound like you tripped a GFI. The outlets may look "normal" but they are probably wired to a gfi outlet which may be someplace else in the house. In a friend's house, there is a single GFI box next to the fuse box in the basement. The sump pump is plugged into it, and the bathroom outlets on the first and second floor have been "piggybacked" off of it. Basically every outlet in the house that might get wet is protected by the one gfi in his basement.

leone184
        leone184

Comment

Working...
        X
        =