Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Load Calculation Software

Does anyone out there know of a good load calulation software that is available? I am in the process of rebuilding an abandoned house in FL and in order to get the necessary permits I need load calcs for the state and county.... pay heed everyone it's coming. I recently learned that two major manufacturers will no longer be offering the standard T-12 flourescent fixtures due to regulations they will now only be offering the electronic balasts (T-8) in all of there flourescent lights. This change took place 4/1 without warning...or at least where I live.
    Thanks for any help

Basically you figure out what loads you expect to have. If you have the equipment you get the wattage rating of each appliance and add them up. You figure 180 va per outlet. Lighting is 3 watts per square foot. Ranges are 40 amps for a calculation although a Jenn-air draws more. Dryers are 27Kw Range loads are calculated at 100% dryers 100% A/C the combined load of both blower motors and compressors -
    Service minumum is 100 amp either way you look at it. 42 circuits max per panelbox.

Comment

I found sometrhing that deals with load calculations. It's in pdf format.
      Take your total loads in watts divide by 240 to get amps for service size.

Comment

I'm looking for GOOD software. I live in FL and the county requires load calcs and diagrams for anything I want to permit.....anybody have any suggestions???? I want to upgrade, but can't...I have an old GE 100 amp service and want to go to a 200 amp 20 circuit board. I'm handcuffed because I can't provide the needed calcs and diagrams
        HELP

Comment

Go to www.flashworks.com. They have the only calculations software I found in 89 ten page web sites

Comment

Working...
          X
          =