Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Way Light with Two Light

I want to run two three way lights between two switches. One light and switch would be for the back door of the house and the other would be for the door going into the garage.

The distance would be about 50 to 60 feet. Can this be done? If so what size wire and how would I wire it for two lights?

Thanks
    Hooker

This is a little unclear - a three way switch at the garage and another one at the house controlling two lights?

Comment

Considering voltage drop for 60 feet with a total load of 1 amp - a #14-4 with ground romex would be necessary. The feed would be picked up at #1 box - Run underground would be two switch legs, a load return and a neutral carried through to #2 box. At the other box (in garage) splices would be black from the odd leg of the switch to the light load at garage, the extra wire of the 14-4 spliced into the black. At the house, the extra wire would go to the lamp load. The white in the 14-4 goes to the lamp load at the garage, the white load at the house and the feeder in box #1. total of three whites spliced together in box #1. If you need a diagram - ask me and I'll draw up one.

Comment

Here's a diagram - for the cable it might be special order from your electrical supply house. I know they make 14-4 and 14-5 cables.

I know kactus is gonna nail me on this one - so - run pvc pipe between the house and garage and use #14 thhn.thwn of colors RED, BLACK, DK BLUE and WHITE. and just follow the diagram. Also pull in a #14 GREEN for the ground

Comment

Hahahaha, You headed me off there Hazy. I would agree with you that PVC conduit is what's called for. And it needs to be buried a minimum of 18" in the ground. Here's a link that may help to show how to install the conduit between buildings and what fittings to use.

Nice drawing Hazy, you're really good at that

Comment

Working...
          X
          =