Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of volts in circuit

I have circuit in my kitchen where I'm getting voltage of 122 from all outlets except the last one it reads only 52. What might cause this?

open neutral

Comment

Hi, Turn off the power, then open up that box and take the outlet off. If it is the last one on the circuit, there should be just 1 cable - 3 wires: Black (Hot), White (Neutral), and Bare or Green (Ground). CAREFULLY turn the power back on, then measure voltage from black to white, and then from black to bare. Each should be the same 122 you were getting. If they are both ~52, it could be a bad connection for the hot wire. Turn the power back off, and Go to the previous (2nd to last) outlet in the line, and open it up. Verify that all 6 wires are securely connected to the outlet (the grounds may be wire nutted together first).

Post back and let us know what you come up with. It could be as HayZee said, and you aren't getting a good nuetral connection.

~Jonathon Reinhart
      ~Jonathon Reinhart

Comment

If you measured the voltage through the recep, then the recep might be the problem. A loose connection will cause heat and can result in a fire so if you check upstream of the recep and can,t resolve the problem you can have problem in the wall. check your incoming power if it is around 120V then problem is the device or connection.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =